Thanks to Jenny Pera and the volunteers who provided holiday shopping for the students. Due to two snow days last week, the shopping days have been extended to this week. Monday classes that will shop are: Miller, Orleck, Dodds/AM, Dean, Burnett/PM, Jacobs, and Brown. Due to the confusion of shopping days, Mrs. Pera has requested a make-up time for each class in the event that children were absent or forgot their money. All make-up sessions have been scheduled for Tuesday. Remember that each item is $1.50.
We had scheduled the game truck for Thursday last week and due to weather, school was canceled. The game truck is very busy and it will be awhile before he has an open day to reschedule Merwin. Since students have to go outside to use the truck, I intend to try to schedule when it is not as cold outside. I will keep you posted.
Each time there is a snow day, the color days shift so that students do not miss their favorite special class. We also have traveling teachers from other schools so we all must keep on the same schedule. Specials for this week are: Monday/Blue; Tuesday/Red; Wednesday/Yellow; Thursday/Green and there is no school on Friday this week.
Monday we will have Dessert with the Principal during lunch. It is a great day for that because Monday night is Merwin Night at Frisch’s Cherry Grove. They provide Dessert with the Principal each month. I hope you can join us!
Tuesday is make-up day at Santa Shop.
Wednesday we are trying out our revised lunch schedule. We will not be accepting visitors for lunch that day.
Thursday is winter class party day. Morning Kindergarten will have parties at 10:30 and afternoon parties will start at 2:15. Please be careful where you park as only hard surfaces have been cleared of snow. You must be out of the parking lot by 3:15 so that buses can enter. Thank you in advance for following these guidelines.
Thursday will be the last day for our new Music teacher, Mrs. Holmes. Her husband has accepted a job in Florida and Mrs. Holmes will be joining him. I would like to thank her for the brief stay at Merwin. I hope you got to see our 3rd grade musical directed by Mrs. Holmes. Please join me in wishing her the best. I am currently working on the replacement and will keep you posted.
In the December newsletter, the return date in January was incorrect. Please note that school reopens on Monday, January 3rd!
Please remember to send in the food for our food drive on Monday so that it can be distributed. I wish you a happy and safe winter break! See you January 3rd!
No comments:
Post a Comment